Professional Writing & Business Resume
Dallas, TX 75211 (212) 695-9349 firstname.lastname@example.org cjcritt.com
Programming and Advertising Creative
Accomplished staff creative and writer, recognized for delivery of high quality copy, audio and promotional support for broadcast, live and digital media. Extensive history as an in-house workshop leader for writers, speakers, students, and management. Works collaboratively and independently with equal ease.
Core competencies include:
• Copywriting Voice Acting
• Talent acquisition Idea Generation
• Coaching & Teaching Long Form, Script & Feature Writing
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY / RADIO DISNEY 1999-2014
An American radio network owned by the Walt Disney Company, the premier global family entertainment company - a Fortune 100 Company.
Writing creative for multiple Radio Disney clients simultaneously while consistently meeting
24-hour turn around deadlines and maintaining the standards of the Walt Disney Company. Known for initiating new ideas, passionately super serving clients and supporting management directives, contributing enthusiasm about new projects with a willingness to take the lead or support others as best suits each targeted goal.
Wrote Network Spots, Promotional copy, PSA's and Features for National markets, actively finessing communications between account executives and their clients and the broadcast standards department of the Walt Disney Company.
Delivered local commercial copy for over 40 regional markets, including: Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Miami, with an average of 32 unique scripts a week.
Generated fully scripted live event stage shows on demand to support area sponsor initiatives.
Coached in-house voice-over and on-air talent, conceptualizing templates used to facilitate creative thinking, and the creation of on-air personalities, resulting in improved confidence, articulation and communication with their audience.
Created and wrote original features including Theater of the B-Zarre, House of Friends, We The Peeps, My Boo Hawaii plus pilots for Story Lady and The Velveteen Rabbit and Bite Size Stories, for Disney Junior.
Voice acting with particular strength in bringing character voices and accents to life.
DREAM FLY PRODUCTIONS
An independent Production Company
• “Family Night Show” Co-Writer for TV sketch comedy pilot 2014-Ongoing
• “Texas Ballbusters” Treatment Writer for Reality TV 2012-2013
• “Studio KDI” Creative Consultant for pilot script for TV News magazine 2011-2012
Banishing writer's block and encouraging the signature voice of every writer is at the core of my writing and performance workshop, THE WRITE STUFF.
• “THE WRITE STUFF” Presented at: Princeton Public Library, Richardson Public Library, Weatherford College Book Festival, Ursuline Academy, & The Upstairs Gallery
• “Narrate Like a Pro” Introduction to professional narration – Groups and Coaching.
• “Story Time Diva” Half day boot camp for Storytellers and YA Librarians
VOICE ACTING – AUDIO BOOKS 1998-Ongoing
SAG-AFTRA Voice Talent and Public Speaker
• Audio Books – Original voice of America's favorite bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, for NY Times Best Selling author, Janet Evanovich.
• Professional narration of 160 titles of popular fiction and non-fiction for national audio publishers, Recorded Books, Inc. Harper Audio, Audible, Talking Books and BBC America Audio Books. Title and audio samples pages at cjcritt.com
• “Tales From the Critt” Solo literary readings for Conference, and Public performance.
Award winning Playwright and Produced Author of Original Plays, Musicals, and Solo Stage Shows
• “Elsie Janis and the Boys” Author of book and lyrics. This musical tribute to the Sweetheart of the A.E.F. was presented at the Rotunda Theater in Dallas, TX. 2014
The show was first presented as a one act in the Smithfield Little Theater One Act Festival where it was awarded Audience Favorite and Best Direction. 2012
• “By Rail” Wrote and presented this one-woman show at Solo Nova In NYC 2007 Kim Dawson Theater in Dallas (2008) and in again in Virginia where it won 2nd Place, for playwriting and awarded as Best Actress for my solo performance. 2010
• “Dog Life” Author of the book and the song lyrics for an adaptation of Mark Brand's Pulitzer prize winning short story. Presented at NJCU (2008) and was awarded 2nd place for best script at Smithfield Little Theater One Act festival. (2009)
• Associate Arts Degree from AADA – NYC, NY
• Undergraduate at U.S.I. U. School of Performing Arts – San Diego, CA
• Improvisation & Writing Studies at the Groundlings, Los Angeles, CA